While upgrading a Moodle installation from version 1.6.3 (2006050530) to 1.8 (2007021501) I repeatedly get the error message
Table 'mathsmoodle18.mdl_groups_courses_groups' doesn't exist
SELECT g.id, gm.userid FROM mdl_groups_members gm INNER JOIN mdl_groups g ON gm.groupid = g.id INNER JOIN mdl_groups_courses_groups cg ON g.id = cg.groupid WHERE cg.courseid = '304' AND gm.userid = '26'
This occurs during the processing of the role assignments. Apparently the roles assignments are processed before the groups tables are updated.
The debug output also gives something like:
- line 677 of lib\dmllib.php: call to debugging()
- line 918 of lib\dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
- line 110 of group\db\dbbasicgrouplib.php: call to get_records_sql()
- line 81 of group\lib\basicgrouplib.php: call to groups_db_get_groups_for_user()
- line 54 of group\lib\legacylib.php: call to groups_get_groups_for_user()
- line 2256 of lib\accesslib.php: call to get_groups()
- line 2110 of lib\moodlelib.php: call to role_unassign()
- line 2191 of lib\accesslib.php: call to sync_metacourse()
- line 1498 of lib\accesslib.php: call to role_assign()
- line 324 of admin\index.php: call to moodle_install_roles()