Everything I've discribed on the forum in this thread, w/o answer so far. Please help me, I completely stucked and don't know what to do next with this installation. VIDE: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=68677
(I'm also pasting the text from this thread
I stucked during installation of Moodle 1.8 version (http://download.moodle.org/download.php/stable18/moodle-latest-18.zip), just downloaded and uploaded on my webhost.
It's hanging on "setting up module tables", to be detailed, on "lams" table. It says that there are no warnings, "scroll to the continue button" but w/o continue button. After refreshing that page or just reentering moodle, it goes to /moodle/admin/index.php and it's just blank. In MySQL I see it is creating 102 tables with 771 records, 229,1 Kb EVERY TIME.
It's webhost (Linux one) so I don't have any access to php.ini and other files.
I've tried so far:
- installing on MySQL 4 (4.1.21) or MySQL 5 (5.0.32) and PHP 4 (4.4.4) and PHP 5 (5.2.0) => all 4 combinations (MySQL/PHP: 4/4, 4/5, 5/4, 5/5) => everything stops at the same moment
- of course I've read million times: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installation_FAQ#Installation_hangs_when_setting-up_database_tables - this .htaccess with AddType x-mapp-php5 .php doesn't work. I can also configure whether I need php 4 or php 5 by admin panel on my account and it's recognized by the installation script so I know already that php 5 was used and the same problem occured
- http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=64692#297437 Daniel Del Rio wrote about 1.8 version spelling on line 406 in install.php. I've done also this. The same problem still exists.
- of course I'm deleting config.php and I delete/"purge" whole MySQL database before another installation
- I've read http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=64615 and I think it's not memory problem . I've contacted admin of my webhost and he said that it's probably not this one as FAQ says ("Check that there is no limit placed on your mysql database, e.g. a "questions" limit." in http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installation_FAQ#Installation_hangs_when_setting-up_database_tables)
- I've asked my admin for all settings from "Check PHP settings" (http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_Moodle#Check_PHP_settings). He answered me that's the same there.
- of course all installation script tests I've passed, i.e. all magic_quotes settings, all installed things etc. It's passing through this step of installation very quickly and smoothly. Problems are starting during that modules on database...
"My solutions" - i.e. - what I think can help:
- http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_Moodle#Requirements - "Notes: For Moodle 1.6 or later, If you use latin languages only you can use MySQL 4.1.12." (ONLY THIS 4.1.12 version?)
- "The setting memory_limit to be at least 16M (32M is recommended for Moodle 1.7 or later)." - phpinfo says it's 16M...
- /session.save_handler set to files, safe mode off... IT'S OK!/
So... How many tables there are in full database of installed moodle? (James McCormack wrote on http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=64615 that he had 118 before the hang, quite better result than mine ;P)
My admin suggested to do "hand installation" simply by phpmyadmin. How to do it? Is it possible? I haven't found any .sql file in moodle directories to upload...
I'm impatiently waiting for answer
regards and Happy Easter!
PS. I haven't tried 1.7 or other Moodle version. As I see 1.8 is a very new one so maybe it's because of it?