Now that Multi-auth is in 1.8 and I have ported the changes over to the NTLM module, we can now plan to include it in Moodle HEAD - ready for 1.9 release!
I have opened this tracker to allow feedback from testers - I'm especially interested to hear from people testing it in 1.9 - see the link:
to download the current version for 1.9/HEAD
There are a couple of things to be aware of.... - when upgrading from versions prior to 1.8 when the ntlm module has been installed - after the upgrade you will need to use a manual account to authenticate eg "admin" and then re-configure the settings for the NTLM module as these don't get carried over correctly during the upgrade (doesn't affect people already running 1.8 though...)
Also - I found an issue with the global var that stated the number of subnet/masks to use, so I have hardcoded it to 8 in a couple of places - I want to fix this before inclusion in Moodle Head.... - hopefully sometime this week.....
please let me know how you go with testing!