This test requires a site which allows plugins to be installed from within the site. (The QA testing site cannot be used for this test, since plugin installation is disabled.)
- Login as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Install plugins.
- Click the button 'Install plugin from Moodle plugins directory'.
- Choose a plugin with an Install button, such as codechecker (https://moodle.org/plugins/local_codechecker), click the Install button then click Continue.
- Check that you obtain a 'Validation passed!' message, then click the button 'Install plugin'.
- Check that the plugin is installed successfully and appears in the list Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview
- Try uninstalling the newly installed plugin by clicking the Uninstall link opposite the plugin
- Use a file manager to remove/delete the actual plugin directory as instructed
- Check that the plugin is no longer listed on Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview.