- Create a database other than your Moodle database.
- Create a table in the above database identical to the logstore_standard in your Moodle database.
- This QA should ideally be done by a developer.
- Goto Site administration ► Plugins ► Logging ► Manage log stores
- Enable External database log
- Create a table in the above database identical to the logstore_standard_log in your Moodle database.
- Go to settings for the logstore
- Enter your new database and table details and save
- Click on "Test connection" and make sure you can successfully connect to the database table.
- Perform multiple actions that trigger events, ex:- Creating/editing/deleting modules.
- For module deletion, after deleting go to Course ► Recycle bin
- Press "Delete all"
- Run cron php admin/cli/cron.php
- Go to the Log report (Site administration ► Reports ► Logs).
- Select "External database" from the drop down for logstores and click on "Get these logs"
- Make sure you see a list of log entries related to the actions you performed earlier.