This is an explanatory test for Moodle 3.4.
Steath mode must be enabled from Advanced Features, along with Activity completion and Restrict Access. A course is needed with a teacher and two students.
- As a teacher in course, add two items, a Page and a Choice, plus a File to one of the course sections.
- Log in as Student 1. Click the Page and verify you can navigate forwards and backwards between the three items using the named links right and left.
- Log in as the teacher and change the display type of the File.
- As the student, verify you can still move from the File.
- As the teacher and student, try this with all available File display types.
- Now ensure manual completion is set for the Page.
- Set access restrictions to the Choice that the Page must first be completed. Hide the condition completely (by clicking the eye.) Set completion for the Choice to manual.
- Set access restrictions to the File that the Choice must first be completed. Hide the condition completely (by clicking the eye.)
- Log in as Student 2. Click on the Page and verify you cannot move to the other items.
- Return to the main course page; manually mark the Page complete and verify and you can now move to the Choice.
- Complete the choice manually and verify you can now move to the File and can navigate backwards and forwards between the three items.
Stealth mode test:
- Now add a fourth item, Chat and click to hide it. Click again to make it available.
- As a student, click through the Page, Choice and File and verify that you are not given a named link to navigate to the Chat.
- As the teacher, copy the chat link and paste it into a visible label.
- As a student, click on the Chat link in the label.
- Verify you can access the Chat but that there are now navigation arrows left or right on the Chat page.
Explore with other activities and resources of your choice.