- Log in as a manager and go to Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.
- Click the 'Add a new role' button, leave "Use role or archetype' set as 'No role' and click the continue button
- Give the new role a short name, full name, context types where it may be assigned, and allow various permissions, then click the 'Create this role' button.
- Check that the new role has been created correctly.
- Try editing the role and check that the changes are saved correctly.
- Click the export button for the role and save the XML file locally.
- Click the 'List all roles' button, then delete the role which you just created.
- Click the 'Add a new role' button then for 'Use role preset' choose and upload the XML file saved previously.
- Click the continue button and the 'Create this role' button.
- Check that the new role has been created exactly as before.