This test requires an administrator, teacher and student account.
If you would like to use the QA testing site for running this test, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Log in to a course as a teacher and create an assignment with both file submissions and text submission enabled in 'Submission types'.
- Log in as a student and upload a file and enter some text and save.
- Log in again as the teacher, go to the assignment and click 'View all submissions'.
- Click the Edit column for the student in question and verify you do NOT see an option to 'Edit submission'.
- Log in as administrator and via 'Define roles' in the Site administration, edit the teacher role to allow mod/assign:editothersubmission'.
- Log back in as the teacher and repeat step 3.
- Click the edit column and verify you do see the option to 'Edit submission'.
- Click this option.
- Remove the submitted file and add some text to the online text (simulating a teacher comment) and verify you can save and that the file is removed from the submission.