- A site with a Data Protection Officer (DPO) role set up as described in the documentation Data Protection Officer role. A user should be assigned the role of DPO in the system context.
- The 'Contact Data Protection Office' checkbox to be ticked in 'Privacy settings' in the Site administration.
You may use the QA testing site for this test, which has a DPO role already set up and a user assigned the role. The site also has the 'Contact Data Protection Office' checkbox ticked.
- Log in as an ordinary user and go to your profile page.
- Click the 'Data requests' link.
- Click the 'New request' button then in the form ensure 'Export all of my personal data' is selected as type, enter a comment, then save changes.
- Verify that on the Data requests page, the message 'Your request has been submitted to the site's Data Protection Officer' is displayed and your data request is listed with status 'Pending'.
- Click the 'New request' button again, click 'Save changes' and verify that the message 'You already have an ongoing request.' is displayed.
- Click the Cancel button then on the Data requests page cancel your data request via the Actions menu.
- Verify that your data request is listed with status 'Cancelled'.
- Click the 'New request' button again, enter a comment and save changes.
- Log out then log in as the DPO.
- Verify that you have an export personal data request notification.
- Click the link to view the full notification and verify that the comment is correct.
- Click the 'Data requests' link and verify that the request is listed with status 'Awaiting approval'.
- Verify that there is another request listed with status Cancelled.
- For the request awaiting approval, in the actions dropdown try viewing the request then approving it.
- Verify that the request is now listed with status Approved.
- Log out then log in as the user.
- Verify that you have an export personal data request notification saying that your personal data is available for download.
- Go to your Data requests page again and verify that your data request is listed with status 'Complete'.
- In the Actions dropdown menu select Download.
- Verify that a zip file is downloaded.
- Repeat steps 8 - 14 but this time as the DPO reject the request.
- Log in as the user and go to your Data requests page.
- Verify that your data request is listed with status 'Rejected'.