- A site with a Data Protection Officer (DPO) role set up as described in the documentation Data Protection Officer role. A user should be assigned the role of DPO in the system context.
- The 'Contact Data Protection Office' checkbox to be ticked in 'Privacy settings' in the Site administration.
- A site with a Parent role set up as described in the documentation Parent role which also has the capability tool/dataprivacy:makedatarequestsforchildren allowed. A user should be assigned the role of parent to another user in the user context.
You may use the QA testing site for this test, which has DPO and Parent roles already set up with users assigned. The site also has the 'Contact Data Protection Office' checkbox ticked. The user with the Parent role is parent to user Sam Student.
- Log in as the DPO and go to Data requests in the Site administration.
- Click the 'New request' button then in the form select a user to request data for, enter a comment and save changes.
- Verify that on the Data requests page the data request is listed with status 'Pending'.
- Log out then log in as a user with the role of parent for another user (their child).
- Go to your profile page and click the 'Data requests' link.
- Click the 'New request' button then in the form, search for your child to request data for.
- Verify that only your child is listed.
- Enter a comment and save changes.
- Verify that on the Data requests page, the message 'Your request has been submitted to the site's Data Protection Officer' is displayed and your data request is listed with status 'Pending'.