Moodle QA non-runners
Note: This test requires a test install in order to be able to run a CLI script.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Create a test course,'course1'.
- Go to Site administration > Courses > Backups > Automated backup setup.
- Ensure under Automated backup setup, Active (backup_auto_active) is set to Enabled.
- Ensure under Automated backup setup, Skip courses not modified since previous backup (backup_auto_skip_modif_prev) is checked (enabled).
- In your site's wwwroot, run: php admin/cli/automated_backups.php
- Verify that the backup runs to completion, and includes the following in the output: "Backing up course44...". This means the course has been backed up.
- Again, in your site's wwwroot, run: php admin/cli/automated_backups.php
- Verify that the execution runs to completion, but includes the following output: "Skipping course1 (Not modified since previous backup)". This means that the logging of the previous backup is not being treated as a modification to the course (so the fix is working).
- Return to the course (course1) you set up earlier, add any activity or resource to the course, so that the course has been modified.
- Again, in your site's wwwroot, run: php admin/cli/automated_backups.php.
- Verify that the backup runs to completion, and again includes "Backing up course44..." in the output. This confirms the fix doesn't stop backups occurring when there are changes to the course.
- is a QA test written for
MDL-61578 The backup_auto_skip_modif_prev setting is not always working.