If you would like to use the QA testing site for running this test, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Attempt to run the cron by browsing to yourmoodlesite.org/admin/cron.php e.g. http://qa.moodle.net/admin/cron.php (no login required).
- Check that an 'internet access to this page has been disabled' message is displayed.
- Log in as an administrator and in Site policies untick the setting 'Cron execution via command line only'.
- Set a cron password for remote access e.g. opensesame.
- Click the save changes button.
- Log out and again attempt to run the cron by browsing to yourmoodlesite.org/admin/cron.php?password=opensesame e.g. http://qa.moodle.net/admin/cron.php?password=opensesame.
- Check that no error messages are displayed.