This test requires a course with a teacher and student enrolled.
This test should be run using two browsers - one where you are logged in as the teacher and the other where you are logged in as the student.
This is an exploratory test of a new feature, so please feel free to try anything you like and not just the test steps!
- Log in as a teacher and go to a course.
- Create a group with group messaging set to Yes.
- Add the student to the group plus yourself as teacher.
- Click the messages icon to open the messaging drawer and try sending 3 messages to the group.
- Try clicking various links, such as the group name, and the open / close arrow, and verify that everything works as you would expect.
- Using the other browser, log in as the student in the group and verify that '3' is displayed over the messages icon.
- Click the messages icon to open the messaging drawer and verify that 'Group messages (1)' is displayed, with a '3' opposite.
- Click 'Group messages (1)' and verify that the messages from the teacher are displayed.
- Click to view the messages then return to the messaging drawer and verify that 'Group messages (1)' no longer has a '3' opposite (as the messages have been read).
- Try sending several messages to the group and verify that they are displayed correctly for the teacher.
- Verify that if the teacher has the messaging drawer open, then the messages just appear.
- Verify that if the teacher has the messaging drawer closed, then the number of new messages is displayed over the messages icon and in the messaging drawer opposite 'Group messages (1)'.
- Try clicking on a message to select it, then deleting it.
- Verify that it is removed from the student's view but not from the teacher's view.
- As the teacher, edit the group settings and set group messaging to No.
- Verify that 'Group messages (0)' is displayed in the messaging drawer for both student and teacher.