If you would like to use the QA testing site for running this test, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Log in as a teacher, go to a course in which you have teacher rights and turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' and add a chat activity.
- Click 'Save and return to course' and verify that the chat is displayed on the course page.
- Log in as an admin and edit the role of teacher (via 'Define roles' in the Site administration).
- Remove the permission to Add a new chat by unticking the Allow box, then save changes.
- Log in as the teacher again, go back to the course and turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' and verify that Chat is NOT listed.
- Verify that the chat activity that was previously added is still displayed on the course page and can be edited.