This test requires the 'Display emoticons as images' filter to be enabled at site level.
1. Login as a teacher, turn editing on in a course and edit a section summary.
2. Insert an emoticon using the button in the TinyMCE HTML editor.
3. Save changes and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly on the course page.
4. Edit an activity and insert an emoticon into the activity summary.
5. Save and display and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly on the activity page.
6. Turn the 'Display emoticons as images' filter off for the activity.
7. Check that the emoticon is no longer displayed and instead it has been replaced with symbols.