- Log in as admin
- Create a new topics course with start date the 1st of last month and end date in 5 or 10 minutes (basically the time you need to follow this step below)
- Assign a user as a student to the course, log in as the student and generate 10 logs or more (e.g. access the course page, access the forum, check participants...) in that course
- Create a new topics course (let's call it 'predictions' to identify it) with start date the 1st of last month and end date around the end of next month
- Assign a user as a teacher to 'predictions' course
- Log in as the teacher user go to "User menu > Preferences > Notification preferences". Enable web notifications for "Insights generated by prediction models" notifications
- Log back as an admin
- Assign 2 users as 'predictions' course students, log in as these students and generate 10 logs or more (e.g. access the course page, access the forum, check participants...) in 'predictions' course. 10 logs or more for each student.
- Log back as an admin
- Go to "Site admin > Analytics > Analytics settings" and disable "Analytics processes execution via command line only" setting
- Log in as a manager and go to 'Analytics models' in the Site administration.
- For 'Students at risk of dropping out' select 'Edit' in the Actions column, tick 'Enabled' and select 'Quarters accumulative' as time splitting method. Save changes.
- For 'Students at risk of dropping out' select 'Get predictions' in the Actions column.
- Scroll down the page listing info and click the continue button.
- For 'Students at risk of dropping out' choose the course you created before from the Insights column drop-down.
- Log in as a teacher you enrolled in the course.
- Verify that you have a notification about the new insight.
- View the notification and click the link.
- Verify that the link takes you to the insights page.
- Mark one of the predictions as 'Not applicable' by selecting it and clicking one of the buttons at the top of the insight.
- Verify that the prediction marked as 'Not useful' is no longer listed.
- Go to the course main page and select More... from the gears menu.
- Click the Insights link under Reports and verify that you are again taken to the insights page.