This test requires 2 test user accounts on https://badgr.io - one for use by the admin (let's call it the 'Badgr admin account') and one for use by an ordinary user (let's call it the 'Badgr user account').
This test also requires admin access to a Moodle site which can send emails. (The QA testing site can't be used, as sending of emails is disabled.)
- Log in as admin and go to Site administration / Badges / Add a new badge.
- Add a new badge, setting the criteria as Manual issue by role and tick the Teacher and 'Any of the selected roles' options.
- Click the Save button and then the Enable access button.
- Click Recipients and then 'Award badge'. Select the test user and award them the badge.
- Go to Site administration / Badges / Backpack settings and set the site backpack to https://badgr.io.
- Go to Site administration / Badges / Badges settings and set the Badgr admin account email as badge issuer email address.
- Go to Site administration / Badges / Manage backpacks, edit the settings for the badgr.io backpack and enter the Badgr admin account password as badge issuer password.
- Log out then log in as the user.
- In the user menu (top right), select Preferences then 'Backpack settings' under Badges.
- Enter the Badgr user account email and click the button 'Connect to backpack'.
- Look in your mailbox for a verification email and copy & paste the link to verify your connection to the backpack.
- Back in Moodle, logged in as the user, in the user menu select Preferences then 'Manage badges'.
- Verify that your badge is displayed and click on the badge.
- Click the button 'Add to backpack'.
- Verify that a message 'Added badge to backpack' is displayed.
- Go to https://badgr.io, log in with the Badgr user account and verify that the Moodle badge is displayed correctly.