This is an exploratory test of a new feature, so please feel free to try anything you like and not just the test steps!
Please test in more than one browser and mention in a comment which ones you've used.
- Log in as a user and open the messaging drawer.
- Open your personal space by clicking on your name or search and find a user to write a message to.
- Open the emoji picker by clicking on the smiley face next to the message box.
- Try everything you can find in the emoji picker, such as different categories, recent emojis and the search.
- Check that everything you find works as expected.
- Check that clicking anywhere outside of the emoji picker closes it (if it's open).
- Check that hovering over an emoji shows a preview and the short name in the footer.
- Try emoji auto complete by typing a colon followed by the first few letters of the short name e.g. :smi.
- Check that the suggestion list is updated with new matches.
- Check that you can use the left/right arrow keys to navigate through the list of suggestions and use the escape key to close the list of suggestions.