- As a teacher in a course, add an activity "External tool".
- Type a name and paste this as the URL: http://www.imsglobal.org/developers/LTI/test/v1p1/tool.php
- Select "Embed" as the "Launch container".
- Press "Show advanced". Enter "secret" as the 'Shared secret', and "12345" as the 'Consumer key'.
- Make sure "Accept grades from the tool" is selected.
- Save and Display
- As a student in the course, visit the activity.
- Click the link to "send a grade back via LIS/LTI Outcome Service"
- Type in a grade between 0 and 1, like 0.34, to send it back to Moodle, and press "Send Grade".
- Go the Moodle course gradebook and check that the grade is now correctly in the gradebook