For this test, while not necessary, it is helpful to have two browsers (ie Firefox and Chrome) or two computers so you can use Moodle as two separate users. One teacher and one student.
Required: a course containing two or more grade items with at least one grade item containing a mark for at least one student. You'll need enough marks to get a course total for the student. The marks must be from modules and cannot be overridden grades.
- As the teacher view the grader report. Select a grade item to use for testing. Your student must have a grade (not an overridden grade). For example a completed quiz, submitted assignment or a grade based on ratings of forum posts or glossary entries.
- As the student view the user report. Make a note of the grade for the selected grade item and the course total.
- As teacher go to grader report
- Ensure Editing is off
- Ensure grades are not editable. I.e. you only see text in table, but no input fields
- Turn editing on
- Ensure grades are now editable.
- Click on grade input for existing non overriden grade
- Type a new grade value and press Save changes
- In same grade action menu select 'Edit grade'
- On Edit grade page fill Feedback part with some text and save changes
- Verify that the new grade is displayed and you see overriden state icon under the input
- Verify you see a * icon (that feedback is given)
- As the student reload the user report. Verify that the overridden grade is displayed, that the teacher's comment appears in the feedback column and that the course total has changed to include the overridden grade.
- As the teacher select 'Edit grade' from grade action menu for overriden grade
- On the edit grade screen uncheck overridden, remove the comment that was entered when overriding the grade in previous steps, and click save.
- You should be returned to the grader report. Verify that the grade has reverted to its original value from step 2. Ensure that both oevrriden and feedback given state icons are not shown
- As the student reload the user report and verify that it is also displaying the grade item and course totals from step 2.