This test requires 3 user accounts, student1, student2 and student3 who are all enrolled in the same course.
- Log in as student1, open the messaging drawer and send student2 and student3 several messages.
- Log out then log in as student2 and verify that '1' is displayed on the messages icon to indicate 1 unread conversation.
- Browse different pages and verify that '1' remains on the messages icon.
- Open the messaging drawer and verify that Messages (1) is displayed with a '1' opposite to indicate 1 unread conversation and student1 is listed with a number opposite indicating the number of unread messages.
- Click the settings icon (a cog) and enable 'Use enter to send'.
- Send student3 several messages.
- Verify that messages can be sent by pressing enter.
- Add student3 to your contacts.
- Log out then log in as student3 and verify that '3' is displayed on the messages icon to indicate 2 unread conversations and one contact request.
- Open the messaging drawer and verify that Messages (2) is displayed with a '2' opposite and Contacts has a '1' next to it.
- Accept the contact request from student2 and verify that they are then listed as a contact.
- Verify that Contacts no longer has a '1' next to it.
- View the conversations from student1 and student2 and verify that after doing so, the numbers opposite are no longer shown.
- Log out then log in again as student3 and open the messaging drawer.
- Verify that Messages (2) is still displayed but with no number opposite as the conversations have been read.