- Login as a teacher and follow the backup link in the course settings.
- Create a course backup, including selected activities and blocks.
- Download the course backup file.
- Check your PHP settings, so that you can upload a large course backup file.
- Adapt also the extramemorylimit in the "Site Administration > Server > Performance"
- Login as an admin and upload the course backup file.
- Try restoring the backup, selecting 'Restore as new course' as destination.
- Check that activities and blocks are correctly restored in the new course.
NOTE: Try backup a course with
- 1000+ activities
- 100+ sections
- Large number of attached files.
- 1000+ enrolled users
- 100+ groups and groupings.
- is a QA test written for
MDL-38189 META Backup/restore issues with large courses