- Create a database other than your Moodle database.
- Create a table in the above database identical to the logstore_standard in your Moodle database.
- Log in as an admin and go to 'Manage log stores' in the Site administration.
- Enable External database log.
- Create a table in the above database identical to the logstore_standard_log in your Moodle database.
- Go to settings for the logstore.
- Enter your new database and table details and save.
- Click on "Test connection" and make sure you can successfully connect to the database table.
- Perform multiple actions that trigger events, such as creating/editing/deleting activities.
- For activity deletion, after deleting go to the recycle bin (either via the gear menu or the Administration block, depending upon the theme) and click 'Delete all'.
- Run cron php admin/cli/cron.php
- Go to 'Log report' in the Site administration.
- Select "External database" from the drop down for logstores and click on "Get these logs"
- Make sure you see a list of log entries related to the actions you performed earlier.
- is a QA test written for
MDL-39933 Implement external database log storage plugin