This test requires Ghostscript to be installed on the server and a Google client ID and secret and email address for use in testing. It also requires an assignment activity with file submissions allowed.
- Log in as an admin and set up and configure the OAuth 2 Google service, as described in the documentation OAuth2 Services and OAuth 2 Google service.
- Go to 'Document converters' in the Site administration and enable the Google Drive document converter.
- In the settings, select Google as the OAuth 2 service, then save changes.
- Click the link 'Test this converter is working properly' and make sure you see a message about the system account not being connected.
- Go back to OAuth2 Google service settings and connect the system account again. Note the request to manage files with Google Drive.
- Now, go back to the setting page for the Google Drive converter.
- Click the link 'Test this converter is working properly' and make sure a message is displayed stating that the document converter is correctly configured.
- Click the link 'Test document conversion' and make sure that a pdf file is displayed.
- Disable any other converters for the next part.
- Create a new assignment submissiond and verify that 'File submission' and 'Annotate PDF' are checked.
- Log in as a student and submit a rtf, doc, xls, docx, xlsx, ppt or pptx file.
- Log in as admin (or as a teacher) and try grading the assignment submission.
- Check that the file is correctly converted to pdf and can be annotated.
- Repeat the last few steps with at least one other file type assignment submission.
- is a QA test written for
MDL-58280 Add a new type of file converter to core - which uses Google drive apis to convert files online.