Note For this test the site administrator needs to have
1) the Tiny MCE HTML editor available in Site administration>Plugins>Text editors>Manage editors.
2) the emoticon enabled in Site administration>Plugins>Text editor>Tiny MCE HTML editor> General settings
3) the 'Display emoticons as images' enabled in Site administration>Plugins>Filters>Manage filters.
- Login as a teacher, go to the user menu and from the Preferences page>Editor preferences, choose TinyMCE
- Access your profile from the user menu and click Edit profile. Type some words into your profile description and insert an emoticion using the button in the TinyMCE HTML editor.
- Save changes and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly by navigating to the user menu>My profile> 'View profile'
- In a course, turn editing on; add a label and insert an emoticon
- Save and display and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly on the activity page.
- Turn off the 'Display emoticons as images' filter for the label from Label administration>Filters
- Check that the emoticon is no longer displayed and instead it has been replaced with symbols.