This test requires a course containing a few users, groups and users in groups.
Basic user overrides functionalities
- Create a lesson and note values of settings that can be overridden, including:
- All the settings in the "Availability" section (Available from, Deadline, Time limit, Password)
- In the "Flow control" section "Provide option to try a question again" and "Maximum number of attempts"
- In the "Grade" section "Re-takes allowed"
- Create some user overrides, overriding some of the lesson settings and verify that they work as expected, in other words only this user is affected, and lesson settings are correctly overridden.
- Edit some of these overrides and verify the new values are taken into account.
- Verify duplicating a user override is working and if you can edit the duplicate without change to the original.
- Verify that if you create a new override for a user who already has one, they are merged when you save the second override.
- Verify that when you are on the edit override screen the "Save and enter another override" option enables you to create a new override based on the previous one and both are correctly saved.
- Verify that if you create an override for a student and then unenrol that student from the course, the override is displayed greyed out and a message "* Student does not have the correct group or role to view/attempt the lesson" is displayed below the overrides list.
Basic group overrides functionalities
- Create some group overrides for the lesson.
- Verify only users in these groups are affected.
- Verify that if a user has both a group and a user override, the user one has precedence.
- Verify that if a user is member of 2 different groups and there are group overrides for each of these groups, the most relaxed settings are applied.
- Verify that if you delete a group for which there is an override created, it is correctly deleted (note that this doesn't apply to user overrides).
- Verify that a user with an override see the correct events in the calendar, and that if the override is edited, then calendar events are correctly updated.
- Verify that if a user or group override is deleted, corresponding calendar events are deleted.
- is a QA test written for
MDL-49642 Give time/date extensions to users and groups in lesson