This test requires a course containing activities, including a forum, and a student who is enrolled in the course.
The test also requires admin access. If you would like to use the QA testing site for running this test, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Log in as a student in the course and participate in a few activities, including adding a new discussion topic in the forum and replying to a forum post.
- Log out then log in as an administrator and go to Site administration / Users / Accounts / Browse list of users.
- If necessary, use the filter to find the student and then delete their account.
- Go to the course and verify that the student is no longer listed as a participant.
- Verify that the student's data in various activities has been deleted, with the exception of their forum posts.
- Go to Site administration / Users / Privacy and policies / Data requests and verify that the student is listed as type: Delete, status 'Awaiting approval' and message 'Automatically created upon user deletion.'
- Run the cron.
- Approve the request and verify that the status has changed to 'Approved'.
- Run the cron again.
- Go to the forum and verify that the text in the student's forum posts has been replaced by the text 'This forum post has been removed' in the subject and 'The content of this forum post has been removed' in the message.
- Go to Site administration / Users / Privacy and policies / Privacy settings and disable (untick) 'Create automatic data deletion requests' then save changes.
- Go to Site administration / Users / Accounts / Browse list of users and delete another account.
- Go to Site administration / Users / Privacy and policies / Data requests and verify that the account you just deleted is NOT listed.