- A moodle site that can send emails
- A site with public access (use ngrok or similar)
- Create a badgr account on badgr.io (US) we will call it the Badgr user account
- An admin and a student available in the system.
OAuth2 setup for OBv2.1
- Login as admin.
- Go to "Site administration / Server / OAuth 2 services".
- Create an "Open Badges" service with the following information:
- Name: "IMS Global"
- Service base URL: https://dc.imsglobal.org/
- Check "Client ID" and "Client secret" fields are not mandatory and "Service base URL" is mandatory.
- Save changes.
- Check the "Discovery" column in the OAuth2 services table has a green tick mark for the "IMS Global" service created.
- Edit the "IMS Global" service.
- Check the "Client ID" and "Client secret" fields are not empty.
OBv2.1 setup - Create new backpack
- In Site admin -> Badges -> Manage backpacks
- Create a new backpack with the following details :
- Backpack API URL: https://dc.imsglobal.org/obprovider/ims/ob/v2p1
- Backpack URL: https://dc.imsglobal.org
- API version supported: Open Badges v2.1
- OAuth2 services: IMS Global
- Save changes.
- Change order this new backpack and place it in the first place.
- Log in as admin and go to Site administration / Badges / Add a new badge.
- Add a new badge, setting the criteria as Manual issue by role and tick the Teacher and 'Any of the selected roles' options.
- Click the Save button and then the Enable access button.
- Click Recipients and then 'Award badge'. Select the student and award them the badge.
- Log in as a student, in the user menu (top right), select Preferences then 'Backpack settings' under Badges.
- Select 'badgr.io' as the backpack, enter the Badgr user account email and click the button 'Connect to backpack'.
- Look in your mailbox for a verification email and copy & paste the link to verify your connection to the backpack.
- Back in Moodle, logged in as the student, in the user menu select Preferences then 'Manage badges'.
- Verify that your badge is displayed and click on the badge.
- Click the button 'Add to backpack'.
- Verify that a message 'Added badge to backpack' is displayed.
- Go to https://badgr.io, log in with the Badgr user account and verify that the Moodle badge is displayed correctly (though you may need to be patient and wait a few minutes before the badge is displayed in the Badgr backpack).