Type: Functional Test
Affects Version/s: Original - DO NOT REPORT TEST RESULTS HERE
Fix Version/s: None
This test requires a publicly available site which has the Accessibility toolkit plugin activated, such as the QA testing site.
The test also requires a course containing some accessibility errors such as the attached 'Accessibility 101' course backup (which is available on the QA testing site). If you would like to restore your own course backup on the QA testing site for use in testing, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Log in as a teacher and go to the course.
- From the Actions menu (Boost theme) or Course administration (Classic theme) click "Accessibility toolkit".
- If necessary, click on the "Submit for analysis" button, then wait for the analysis to be completed. The analysis will be processed in the background by scheduled tasks, so its speed of completion will depend on task timings and task run schedules. Click "Accessibility toolkit" again.
- Verify that a list of errors is displayed, each with a related "Edit" link, which will directly send you to edit the content where it's located.
- Check for at least 3 different errors that the "Edit" link sends you to the correct location in the course content that requires resolving.
- Click on the "Activity breakdown" tab.
- Verify that a bar chart is displayed showing the pass ratio for each activity type in the course and text with a heading "Activity breakdown explained" is also displayed.
- Click on the "Content types" tab.
- Verify that a donut chart is displayed showing the total errors per content type in the course and text with a heading "Content types explained" is also displayed.
- Click on the "Summary report" tab.
- Verify that the following tables are displayed: Top errors, Failed activities, Check errors, Activity pass ratio, Error details.
- Click the "Download PDF" link and verify that the downloaded PDF shows the summary report.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Verify that information regarding features in the commercial versions of the Brickfield Accessibility Toolkit is displayed.