Original - DO NOT REPORT TEST RESULTS HERE
- This test requires Ghostscript and Poppler to be installed on the server.
- You also need a large PDF file (the larger the better as you will then notice a greater time difference).
- Direct access to your database is necessary to verify task_adhoc table records.
- Log in as admin, go to Site administration > Server > System paths.
- Verify that the Path to ghostscript setting points to your local gs path (be sure it is correctly set).
- Verify that Path to pdftoppm setting is empty.
- Open your database client, query the task_adhoc table:
select * from mdl_task_adhoc
- Create a course and add an assignment with default options and Feedback types: Annotate PDF.
- Log out then log in as a student, and submit the PDF file to the assignment.
- Query the task_adhoc table again and verify a new record has been created for the student submission conversion.
- Run the scheduled task:
php admin/cli/scheduled_task.php --execute='\assignfeedback_editpdf\task\convert_submissions'
This execution will use gs to generate PNG files from your PDF file. Record the total execution time.
- Log out then log in as admin again and go to grade the submission.
- Verify that you see the submission content.
- Go to Site administration > Server > System paths and add your local pdftoppm path to the_Path to pdftoppm_ setting (be sure it is correctly set).
- Repeat steps 6-10 using the same file (remove and add it again) and the same assignment.
- Mention in a comment the pdftoppm time and the gs time.
- has a clone
MDLQA-16046 CLONE - An admin can set either ghostscript or pdftoppm to be used for converting PDF to PNG files
- is a QA test written for
MDL-70038 Implement Poppler pdftoppm compatibility for faster assignment submission PDF to PNG conversion