This is an exploratory test of a new feature or improvement, so please feel free to try anything you like and not just the test steps!
This test requires a course containing activities and resources with different activity completion conditions set.
- Log in as a teacher, go to the course settings and set 'Show completion conditions' to Yes, then save changes.
- View the course page and verify that activity completion conditions for each activity are listed underneath the activity.
- Verify that automatic activity completion conditions are styled with a grey background and activities which students can manually mark as complete have a greyed out 'Mark as done' button.
- Verify that for activities with automatic activity completion conditions which specify a certain number of items (e.g. entries or forum posts) the correct number is shown with the activity completion condition e.g. 'Start discussions: 2'.
- View a few activities and verify that the activity completion conditions are displayed the same on the activity page as on the course page.
- Edit the activity completion conditions for an activity, then save changes.
- Verify that the updated activity completion conditions are shown on the course page and on the activity page.
- Go to the course settings and set 'Show completion conditions' to No, then save changes.
- View the course page and verify that activity completion conditions are no longer shown, with the exception of Label, File and URL resources with manual completion which still have a greyed out 'Mark as done' button (as, depending on the settings, such resources may not have a separate page for the 'Mark as done' button).
- View a few activities are verify that the activity completion conditions are still displayed as before.