Note that this test is easier to perform with two browsers ie Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Log in as a teacher and view a database activity containing several entries.
- View the list of entries. Use the sort by controls to change the sort order.
- Go to the Fields tab and change the default sort order.
- Return to the list view and verify that your manually specified sort order has not been overruled by the new default sort order.
- Open your second browser or, if using a single browser, shut all of your browser windows including those not being used for Moodle.
- Log in again and view the list of database entries.
- Verify that the new default sort order has now taken effect.