This test requires an email account which can be checked.
- Log in as student1
- Click on 'Toggle notifications menu in the header and then click the gear icon (Notification preferences)
- Set Web and Email to On for Assignment notifications and subscribed forum posts.
- Subscribe to a forum.
- Submit an assignment.
- Log in as student2 and send a message to student1.
- Post in the forum which student1 is subscribed to. Make the subject of the forum post very long i.e. more than 100 characters and include some UTF8 characters e.g. accents, €.
- Log in as a teacher and grade student1's submitted assignment.
- For the student to receive a notification, you need to first wait for the maximum editing time (usually 30 minutes) to expire and then run the cron. (The wait is so that the teacher can edit the feedback without a notification being sent, similar to forum post editing and forum notifications.)
- Run the cron by browsing to yourmoodlesite.org/admin/cron.php.
- Check student1's email for following:
- confirm submission of the assignment (caused by step 5)
- notification about the message sent by student2 (caused by step 6)
- notification about the new post in the forum (caused by step 7)
- notification about the grading (caused by step 8)
- Check that student1 received the assignment, forum and personal message notifications.
- Log in as student1 and check you see that the notification icon has a '3' on it and the message icon has a '1'.
- Click on 'Toggle notifications menu' icon and check you can see assignment and forum notifications
- Click on 'Toggle messages menu' icon and check that you see the message sent by student2.