This test requires the Flickr public repository to be enabled and configured with an API key (as described in the documentation Flickr public repository) and a Flickr account for use in testing.
The QA testing site may be used for running this test, though you'll need admin access (see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access) in order to enable the Flickr public repository. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test! Alternatively, you can use your own test site.
1. Log in as a student and go to a forum.
2. Add a new discussion topic and click the Add button to add an attachment.
3. Choose Flickr Public in the file picker.
4. Search for any Flickr file, use all of the search fields. Find a file.
5. Select a file then click the 'Post to forum' button.
6. Check that the Flickr file is displayed.
Note: If you obtain 'Oauth 1.0 error' whilst testing, please try clicking the repository link or reloading the page a few times to make the Flickr authentication work. (It seems that the error is a Flickr issue - see
MDL-59645 for details.)