- Log in as administrator and access Site administration>Plugins>Activity modules>Assignment>Feedback plugins>Feedback comments and ensure that 'Comment inline by default' is enabled.
- Log in as a teacher in a course and create an assignment, verifying that Submission types has'online text' enabled and Feedback comments has 'Comment inline' set to 'Yes'.
- Log in as a student and navigate to the assignment. Click Add submission; type 'This is my class work' and save the changes.
- Log back in as the teacher; navigate to the assignment>View all submissions and click Grade to access the student's text.
- Verify that the student's text displays in the Feedback comments box.
- Verify that you are able to type "Too few words" next to the student's text.
- Verify that you are able to select and highlight the student's words in bold.
- Click 'Save changes'.
- Log back in as the student navigate to the assignment. Verify that in Feedback>Feedback comments you see your text from (3) in bold and the added teacher comment from (6).