This test is for scenarios with managed devices, where only Windows devices are used. SEB ≥ 3.0 is required.
- This test requires a quiz containing several questions.
- The quiz is included in a course which has self enrollment without a password configured.
- This test requires that a Moodle Admin has set all Safe Exam Browser capabilities for the teacher to 'prevent'; except for 'Bypass the requirement to view quiz in Safe Exam Browser', and "Require Safe Exam Browser" which is set to 'allow'.
- Login as a teacher, edit the quiz settings for 'Require the use of Safe Exam Browser' to be 'Yes – Use SEB client config'.
- Also configure the review options in the quiz settings to NOT be displayed after the attempt was submitted and set a quiz password
Configuring SEB to act like a student's machine (normally this would be a separate machine to that of the admin, but for testing it can be the same one):
- Open the SEB configuration tool. This is a standalone tool on windows. We'll now use it to create the client config settings on the managed device used by the student.
- Under the "General" section, set the start URL to the URL of the quiz in Moodle.
- Under the "General" section, set a "Quit/unlock password" of "quit".
- Under the "Config file" section, set "Use SEB settings file for.." to "Configure a client"
- Under the "Security" section, set the "Kiosk mode" to "Disable Explorer Shell".
- Under the "Config file" section, click 'Configure Client' (to make sure the settings are saved as 'SEBClientSettings.seb' in the AppData directory) and click Save Settings.
- Close the config tool.
Previewing the SEB quiz as a teacher
- Login as a teacher.
- CONFIRM that you can preview the quiz without having SEB installed on your device
Accessing the SEB quiz as a student:
- Login as a student using SEB. You land on the enrollment page.
- Click 'enroll'. You land on the quiz starting page.
- Click 'attempt quiz'.
- Enter the quiz password
- Solve the quiz and submit the quiz.
- Try to quit SEB. You should be clicking on the shut down icon in the bottom right corner of the SEB taskbar.
- CONFIRM that you are prompted for the password. Since as a student, you don’t know the password, you cannot exit SEB.
- CONFIRM that you can quit seb using the password 'quit'. This simulates exiting SEB as the admin who configured the SEBClientSetting.seb file as they would know the password.
Test Steps if student tries to solve the quiz NOT using SEB:
- Login as a new student using for example Firefox. Navigate to the course. You land on the enrollment page.
- Click 'enroll'. You land on the course page. Open the quiz.
- CONFIRM that the page displays the information 'This quiz has been configured to use the Safe Exam Browser with client configuration.'