This test requires a publicly available site which has the Accessibility toolkit plugin activated. To speed up processing task run rates, the following scheduled tasks may be changed to run every minute rather than the default 5 minutes: Process bulk caching, Process bulk batch accessibility checking and Process content analysis requests.
The test also requires a course containing some accessibility errors. If you would like to use the QA testing site and restore your own course backup for use in testing, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Log in as a teacher and go to the course.
- Click the "Turn editing on" button.
- In the "Add block" section, select the "Accessibility Review" option.
- Verify that you can now view the "Accessibility Review" block on the course main page.
- If necessary, click on the "Submit for analysis" button, then wait for the analysis to be completed. The analysis is processed in the background by scheduled tasks, so its speed of completion will depend on task timings and task run schedules.
- Once the analysis is completed, in the "Accessibility Review" block, verify that you can view the different Error counts for the different content types, which are: Image, Layout, Link, Media, Table, Text.
- Verify that you can view and toggle the Heatmap toggle Eye icon, in the bottom left corner, which turns on and off the course elements highlighting. PLEASE NOTE that this heatmap currently just works for the Weekly and Topic course formats.
- Verify that you can view and click on the Download icon, in the bottom right corner, which produces a course summary report in PDF format.
- Verify that you can view and click on the Report icon, in the bottom center, which brings you to the Accessibility toolkit.