This test case is an exploratory test case about the newly introduced feature of changing question versions directly on the quiz edit page. So please feel free to try anything you like and not just the test steps!
This test requires a Moodle course with a teacher and a enrolled.
Create a quiz and a questions with several versions
- Log in as a teacher in your Moodle course.
- Turn editing on and create a new quiz X.
- Check that "Attempts allowed" is set to "Unlimited".
- Check that all check boxes for "Review options > Immediately after the attempt" are ticked.
- Add a new question A (of any type) and save (= version 1).
- Verify that question A is labeled "v1 (latest)".
- Edit question A and save (= version 2).
- Verify that question A is still labeled "v1". In addition you can choose "Always latest" and "v2 (latest)" from the versions dropdown.
- Edit question A a second time and save (= version 3)
- Verify that question A is still labeled "v1". In addition you can choose "Always latest", "v2", and "v3 (latest)" from the versions dropdown.
- Set the version of question A to "v1".
- Keep being logged in as a teacher.
Access quiz as student to check if correct version is displayed
- Open a second browser and log in as student in your Moodle course.
- Navigate to the quiz X.
- Access question A and verify that version 1 is displayed.
- While keeping your attempt as student open, as a teacher change the version of question A in quiz X to version 2.
- As a student, verify that you still see version 1 and that the version did NOT change to version 2 (reload the page).
- As a student hand in you first attempt.
- Verify that in the review of your first attempt version 1 of question A is displayed.
- As a student start a second attempt and verify that the version of question A is now version 2 (as set in step 5).
- As a student hand in your second attempt.
- Verify that in the review of your second attempt version 2 of question A is displayed.
Check question version in results overview and manual grading
- As a teacher now navigate to quiz X then "Results" .
- In the results overview search for your student and click on "Review attempt" for his first attempt.
- Verify that version 1 of question A is displayed.
- In the review change to the second attempt of your student.
- Verify that version 2 of question A is displayed.
- Finish your review.
Following this test case you tested if the display of versions in an open attempt as well as in a closed attempt for students and teachers works as intended: The question version when a student starts an attempt should NOT change any more. Neither while the attempt is still open, nor once it is closed. This is to make sure students' answers in quizzes (especially exams) will always be transparent.