The relevant documentation for this feature can be found at Manual registration.
Two sites are required for testing this feature and they must be able to communicate with one another.
- LTI platform (formerly known as consumer)
- LTI tool (formerly known as provider).
Important: If you're testing locally, you'll need to disable the 'Blocked hosts' setting in BOTH sites. You can find it in Site administration ► Security ► HTTP security. You'll need to clear the values and save.
- Following the docs linked above, specifically the section on Enabling the 'Publish as LTI tool' feature, enable the relevant plugins in the tool site.
- Following the instructions in the docs link above, create the tool-platform registration using the method "Manual registration".
- When complete, log out of BOTH the tool site and the platform site
- On the platform site, log in as the admin and go to Site Administration ► Plugins ► External tool ► Manage tools
- Edit the settings for the preconfigured tool you just created.
- Set "Tool configuration usage" to "Show in activity chooser and as a preconfigured tool"
- Change the name of the tool to "QA test tool"
- Save the tool configuration
- Log out
- Log in to the platform site as a teacher and go to a new course
- With editing on, click to add an activity or resource
- Select "QA test tool"
- Click the "Select content" button
- Verify you're presented with a modal informing you that you need to be signed in to link accounts.