This fairly long test covers back up and restore with user data of certain key modules. (It might be useful to create a more detailed test for some of these modules, or create a second test that covers the relatively 'obscure' modules not included here.)
- Log in as an administrator, create a new course and enrol at least one student.
- Create a forum on the course in week 0.
- Create a wiki on the course in the first week.
- Create a quiz on the course in the second week. Add at least one question to the quiz.
- Create a web page resource on the course in the third week.
- Create a web link on the course (to google.com say) also in the third week.
- Create a file resource on the course also in the third week.
- Log in as the student.
- Visit the forum and add at least one discussion. In the discussion, add at least one reply.
- Visit the wiki and create at least two pages (start page plus one other page). (Note: To create another wiki page, make a link to [[Page name]] and follow it.)
- Visit the quiz and attempt the quiz. Complete and submit your attempt.
- Log in as the administrator.
- Back up the course, including all activities and user data. Go through the backup process and verify that there are no errors.
- Restore the backup. Select to restore to a new course. Go through the restore process and verify that there are no errors.
- Verify that the new course contains all the created modules in the correct places.
- Verify that the static resources (web page, web link, and file) all contain the same content that they had on the original course.
- Verify that the forum contains the expected content.
- Verify that the wiki contains the expected content.
- Verify that the quiz contains the expected submission. Click on the submission and check that it correctly shows the answer that was chosen when logged in as a student (same as when doing this on original course).