This test requires admin access. If you would like to use the QA testing site for running it, please see the QA testing guide for details of how to request admin access. Begin just after the hourly reset to give yourself plenty of time to complete the test!
- Log in as admin and go to Site administration / Messaging / Notification settings.
- Set Assignment notifications to Enabled with web enabled and email disabled.
- Set Feedback notifications to Enabled with web disabled and locked and email enabled and locked.
- Disable Feedback reminder.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'Save changes' button.
- Log out then log in as a student and select Preferences in the user menu, then Notification preferences.
- Check that Assignment notifications are set to web enabled and email disabled and you are able to change them.
- Check that Feedback notifications are locked for web and disallowed for email.
- Check that Feedback reminder settings are not shown on the page (because the settings are disabled by an admin).
- Log out then log in as the admin again.
- Repeat the above steps choosing different notifications to enable, disable and lock, then checking that they are as expected for the student.