Note For this test the site administrator needs to have
- the TinyMCE HTML editor (legacy) available in Site administration>Plugins>Text editors>Manage editors.
- the emoticon enabled in Site administration>Plugins>Text editor>TinyMCE HTML editor (legacy)> General settings
- the 'Display emoticons as images' enabled in Site administration>Plugins>Filters>Manage filters.
- Log in as a teacher, go to the user menu and from the Preferences page>Editor preferences, choose TinyMCE (legacy)
- Access your profile from the user menu and click Edit profile. Type some words into your profile description and insert an emoticon using the button in the legacy TinyMCE HTML editor.
- Save changes and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly by navigating to the user menu>My profile> 'View profile'
- In a course, turn editing on; add a label and insert an emoticon
- Save and display and check that the emoticon is displayed correctly on the activity page.
- Turn off the 'Display emoticons as images' filter for the label from Label administration>Filters
- Check that the emoticon is no longer displayed and instead it has been replaced with symbols.