Original - DO NOT REPORT TEST RESULTS HERE
The goal of this test is to ensure that it is possible for Moodle users to connect with another Moodle site using MNet.
- This test needs to be executed on the maximum PHP supported versions for the master branch (for example, for Moodle 4.2dev, PHP 8.1).
Please note: it's possible that you see some notices during the setup part depending of the debugging levels in your site. You can ignore them as far as the configuration works as expected.
- Setup a couple of Moodle sites:
- site1 running older version, for example: Moodle 4.0.x (MOODLE_400_STABLE).
- site2 running the version to be released (master).
- Ensure that they have different $CFG->sessioncookiepath setting either on config.php or in Administration > Server > Session handling
- In both sites, enable and configure MNet as explained in the doc page.
- - Please note: You don't need to configure the "remote enrolments" steps, only the "get users roaming" ones.
- Create user1 in site1 and user2 in site2.
- Log in as user1 in site1 and go to "Site home".
- In the "Network servers" block (that has been added as per the configuration instructions, click on site2.
- Verify that now you are welcome to site2 as user1.
- Log in as user2 in site2 and go to "Site home".
- In the "Network servers" block (that has been added as per the configuration instructions, click on site1.
- Verify that now you are welcome to site1 as user2.
- Verify that now user1 and user2 do exist in both sites and SSO/roaming between them works as expected.
- has a clone
MDLQA-17379 CLONE - Users can connect to another Moodle site using MNet
MDLQA-17921 CLONE - Users can connect to another Moodle site using MNet