This test requires a course to be created and a teacher and student enrolled in the course.
- As the teacher, access the course's question bank and create 2 question categories: cat1 and cat2
- Create 2 true/false questions in each of the cat1 and cat2 categories (name them cat1-q1, cat1-q2, cat2-q1, cat2-q2) (Also for simplicity of the test, enter the question text the same as the question name).
- In the question bank, where you see the list of the questions you created, click on 'Edit' and then 'manage tags'. Tag the questions with t1 and t2 like this:
cat1-q1 --> t1
cat1-q2 --> t2
cat2-q1 --> t1
cat2-q2 --> t2
- Create a quiz activity in the course and name that Quiz1
- Create a "random" question in the quiz from cat1. set the tag to t1
- Create a "random" question in the quiz from cat2. set the tag to t2
- Attempt the quiz as a student
- Confirm that the first question is cat1-q1
- Confirm that the second question is cat2-q2
- Create another quiz in the course and name that Quiz2
- Create a "random" question in the new quiz you just created (Quiz2) from cat1. Leave the tags field empty.
- Create another "random" question in Quiz2 from the "Top" question category (the one that contains cat1 and cat2). Set the tag to t1.
- Log out as the teacher and log in with the student account.
- Attempt the quiz as a student.
- Confirm that the first question is either cat1-q1 or cat1-q2
- Confirm that the second question is either cat1-q1 or cat2-q1
- Confirm that the 2 questions that the students see in the exam are not the same