- This test must be tested using the OLD, pre-2.3 assignment module. This module might need to be unhidden at Site admin > Plugins > Activity modules > Manage activity modules.
- This test requires an assignment with a student submission. The student should have popup notification and email checked for "Assignment (2.2) notifications" in their messaging settings.
- If you are running this test on qa.moodle.net, you need to start it in the early part of the hour as the server resets hourly on the hour and there is a 30min wait time.
1. Login as a teacher and access the assignment.
2. Follow the 'View x submitted assignments' link and click the Grade link for the student.
3. Add a grade and feedback and tick the send notification checkbox.
There is a waiting period that normally allows markers to modify their feedback before it is sent. This is set to 30min by default (as maxeditingtime).
4. Run the cron by browsing to yourmoodlesite.org/admin/cron.php e.g. http://qa.moodle.net/admin/cron.php
5. Login as the student and check that they receive a popup notification that their assignment submission has been graded.
6. Check that the student also receives email notification.