Original - DO NOT REPORT TEST RESULTS HERE
The goal of this test is to verify an upgrade to next moodle version (master) using WEB and CLI works running Oracle/Apache.
- Clone a site (but don't install it) from a previous version.
- If the version to be released "master" is let's say 4.2, then you need to clone a earlier version eg. MOODLE_401_STABLE, MOODLE_400_STABLE and etc.
- The easiest way to setup a moodle site with Oracle is using moodle-docker, clone that repository in your PC.
- Follow the Quick start instructions, declaring the env. variable MOODLE_DOCKER_WWWROOT to the site you have cloned eg.
- Proceed with the install of the previous moodle version running this command
bin/moodle-docker-compose exec webserver php admin/cli/install_database.php --agree-license --fullname="Docker moodle" --shortname="docker_moodle" --summary="Docker moodle site" --adminpass="test" --adminemail="firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Access the site in your browser: http://localhost:8000/ and create:
- At least one course.
- At least one teacher enrolled in that course.
- At least one student enrolled in that course.
- At least one manager enrolled in that course.
- The course has at least one of each activity and resource. With:
- posts on a forum,
- completed an assignments,
- completed a quizzes.
- Upgrade Moodle to the latest version by changing the branch of the cloned site to master.
- Access the course as each role and verify:
- permissions are correct.
- layout and any data is correct and can be accessed.
- As the teacher add one of each activity and resource to the course created above.
- As one of the students access each activity and resource:
- post on a forum,
- complete an activity,
- complete a quiz.
- As the teacher grade any completed activities.