This test is to check that group assignments can be created whether the course is using groups or not.
1. As a teacher, create an assignment in a course which is set to "no groups" and has at least two students.
2. For the setting "Students submit in groups" choose "Yes" but leave the Group Mode to "No groups" in Common module settings.
3. Click "View/grade all submissions" and verify that all course participants have been allocated to the "default group" for grading.
5. Now change Group mode in the course settings to "Separate" or "Visible" groups.
6. Create a group and add one student to it.
7. Navigate back to the assignment settings and change Group mode to "Separate" or "Visible".
8. Click "View/grade all submissions" and verify you can filter by group and that the student's group name is visible.