This test requires three question categories in the Question bank:
- a category (X) that contains exactly 5 questions, and
- a category (Y) containing exactly 1 question,
- a category (Z) that is empty.
- Login as a teacher and add a quiz activity. Make sure Question order is "As shown on the edit screen".
- Go to the edit quiz page, and if necessary switch to the Edit quiz tab. Make sure the question bank is visible.
- Select Category X in the question bank. Click the << icon to add one question to the quiz (non-randomly).
- Now use the controls at the bottom of the question bank to add 2 random questions to the quiz.
- Select Category Y and use the controls at the bottom of the question bank to add a single random question.
- Select Category Z. When the page reloads the controls for adding a random question should not be visible.
- Preview this quiz as a student and make multiple attempts. Ensure that:
- the non-random question is always the same;
- the random questions for Category X are random, but do not duplicate the non-random question; and
- the random question from category Y is always the same.