Original - DO NOT REPORT TEST RESULTS HERE
This test requires a site which allows plugins to be installed from within the site. (The QA testing site cannot be used for this test, since plugin installation is disabled.)
- Go to the Moodle plugins directory https://moodle.org/plugins and choose a plugin with a Download button, such as https://moodle.org/plugins/local_codechecker, and download the ZIP file
- Login to your Moodle site as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Install plugins
- Upload the ZIP file
- Plugin type should automatically be selected, if the plugin declares $plugin->component in its version.php, else select manually.
- Check that you obtain a 'Validation passed!' message, then click the button 'Install plugin'.
- Check that the plugin is installed successfully and appears in the list Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview
- Try uninstalling the newly installed plugin by clicking the Uninstall link opposite the plugin
- If Moodle itself was not able to remove the plugin directory, use a file manager to do so as instructed
- Check that the plugin is no longer listed on Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview.
- has a clone
MDLQA-9812 A site administrator can install a plugin by source code