- Go to the Moodle plugins directory https://moodle.org/plugins and choose an add-on with a Download button, such as https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_checklist, and download the ZIP file
- Login to your Moodle site as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Install add-ons.
- Upload the ZIP file, select the appopriate plugin type, tick the acknowledgement checkbox, then click the button 'Install add-on from the ZIP file'.
- Check that you obtain a 'Validation passed!' message, then click the button 'Install add-on'.
- Check that the add-on is installed successfully and appears in the list Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview.